Placer County Resource Conservation District
Placer County Resource Conservation District

Featured News & Events

Students learning about a lamb. (Click to read more)Irrigation Workshop — Over 25 ag producers and landowners learned about irrigation equipment and management systems in Penryn on April 10. More info on our News & Events page.

Students learning about a lamb. (Click to read more)Placer Ag Day — 450 students participated in the March 28 Ag Day event at Placer Elementary School. More info on our News & Events page.

Roger Ingram with horse property owners and others interested in horse property management at the workshop in March 2014. (Click to read more)Horse Property Management Workshop — More than 30 landowners from Placer and Nevada counties participated in a workshop on managing horse properties. More info on our News & Events page.

Proposition 40 Fuels Management Program

See the
Prop 40 Fuels Management Program
for more details and information on applying for reimbursement under this program.

The goal of the Proposition 40 Fuels Management Program is to contract with private landowners for mutually beneficial forest improvement and wildfire hazard reduction projects designed to reduce fuel loadings that pose a threat to watershed resources and water quality.

Cost-share funding through this program is available to private, non-industrial forestland landowners for the development of forest management plans and the implementation of vegetation management practices to reduce fuel loads and the threat of wildfire. Practices may include: site preparation, tree planting, tree shelters, canopy cover, thinning, pruning, stand release, brush control, invasive weeds, land conservation, wildlife/riparian, etc.

Placer County RCD will administer the Prop 40 Fuels Management Program including invoicing and reimbursement processing. More info on our Prop 40 Fuels Management Program page.

Placer County Chipper Program

See the
Placer County Chipper Program
flyer (PDF*, 159KB)

Placer County RCD manages the Placer County Chipper Program, providing a low-cost curbside chipping service to help landowners in their efforts to reduce fire hazards by creating defensible space and converting large brush piles for burning into small biodegradable chips useful for mulching or landscaping. The Chipper Program is supported in part through federal and state grants secured by Placer County RCD in partnership with Placer County, Placer County Sheriff’s Dept., CalFIRE, Placer County Air Pollution Control District, California Fire Safe Council, and Tahoe National Forest. These grants are used to help offset and reduce the landowners full cost for utilizing the Chipper Program.

Rural Conservation Program: Technical Assistance

Did you know? Placer County RCD staff can provide technical assistance to rural landowners and managers to address site specific soil and water resource concerns. Services we provide include:

  • Farm Conservation planning — development and practice design
  • Soils Information — soil types and water holding capacity
  • Irrigation Water Management — planning, design and operation

For more information on how we can assist, please contact the Placer County RCD Resource Specialists at 530.885.3046 x116. Find more information on services and resources on our Rural Conservation Program page.

Recent Accomplishments

Red Sesbania has a bright red flower and a medium, oval-shaped leaf.

Red Sesbania

In 2009 the Placer County RCD program to eradicate Red Sesbania continued with treatments in June and November. For more details about this program, read the 2009 Red Sesbania Monitoring Report.

Contact Us

To find out how to become involved, contact the Placer County RCD office.

Placer County Resource Conservation District
251 Auburn Ravine, Suite 107
Auburn, CA 95603-3719
(530) 885-3046 ext 119